Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides first aid on site at school to students and staff, and administers medications to students.
- Administers prescribed medication to students, following the established protocol by the school district.
- Administers first aid treatment in a safe and timely fashion, under guidelines established by the school district.
- Maintains policy on the exclusion and readmission of students in connection with communicable diseases.
- Establishes and maintains open and effective communication with all personnel affecting student health services.
- May conduct school testing and evaluations; vision and hearing testing, and tuberculin skin testing.
- May process and maintain daily attendance, type correspondence, maintain files and records, prepare and distribute reports, and chair the Safety Committee.
- Nursing School Diploma
- RN licensed in PA
- Certified in CPR–Health Care Provider Services
- Current license to drive a motor vehicle
- BA/BS Degree
- Recent medical/surgical experience, emergency medicine experience
- School nursing experience
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice