Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Identifies, analyzes, manages, and monitors patient safety and risk issues for the organization. Responsible for implementing systematic approaches to achieve expected outcomes. Works with senior leaders, physicians, entity chief medical officers and chief quality officers and entity directors to coordinate a consistent strategy of comprehensive patient-centered care.
- Responsible for the implementation of patient safety and employee strategic initiatives at the entity level with development of action plans that include clarifying the goals/aim and metrics, collaborating with team members to identify ideas/solutions. (20%)
- Identifies, analyzes, manages, and monitors patient and employee safety and risk issues for the organization; and oversees the completion of the action plan to eliminate or reduce risk. (25%)
- Participates in and/or Chairs the Patient Safety Committee and the WorkSafe Committee and may serve as the Patient Safety Officer. (10%)
- Manages and/or coordinates regulatory compliance via investigation, collection of data, and reporting to various internal / external groups. (25%)
- Assesses opportunities for improvement and/or vulnerabilities to provide access to best practices and evidence-base medicine at the front-lines, hospital-based or physician practice-based teams and through collaborative at the system level. Applying change methodologies using WPAHS approaches and coordinating activities designed to reinforce and embed best-practice changes and next steps to create continuous improvement culture. (10%)
- Manages the organization-wide occurrence reporting system for patient and visitor occurrences. (10%)
- BA/BS Degree
- 4 years’ experience in healthcare administration
- Clinical experience in nursing, pharmacy, or PT/OT
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration, health-related field, or Business
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice