Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job, in conjunction with the Practice Team, provides care planning, coordination and follow-up for patients at risk for poor outcomes or experiencing poor coordination of services.
- Completes a structured assessment of medical, bio-psychosocial support and self-management support needs.
- Coordinates with and acts as an advocate/liaison/contact to hospital, long-term care, specialty services, home health services, patient family, cultural and community resources for care managed patients.
- Accurately maintains appropriate documentation on care coordination to promote Practice Team awareness and ensure patient safety and follow through on care plan.
- Provides registration and billing functions; assisting patients in problem solving potential issues related to the health care system, financial and psychological barriers.
- Collaborates with primary care to establish and update a shared care plan; providing support for improving health behaviors and self-management skills – goal setting, action planning, problem solving.
- Provides clinical workflow oversight.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant or LPN Program
- 5 years in a Medical Assistant or related role
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Problem Solving
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice