Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Identifies and manages medical problems for patients within the CRNP scope of practice and critical care
- Provides appropriate patient care to include recording patient medical history and physical assessment, developing therapeutic care plan, ordering diagnostic tests, interpreting test results, discharge planning and providing accurate medical record documentation for patients in a critical care setting. (45%)
- Communicates with attending physician regarding plan of care and involves physician in clinical decision making of any issues that are outside the CRNP'S knowledge base or scope of practice. (20%)
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family and provides education based on age, culture and willingness to learn. (20%)
- Communicates and coordinates patient care with patient, family, community health services and
- interdisciplinary team. (10%)
- Demonstrates professional commitment through voluntary attendance at continuing education programs, independent reading, and other professional activities. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Master's degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with specialization in area of practice; or four to ten years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- State licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN), Nurse Practitioner (NP) and/or other designation as required by law.
- Prescriptive authority may be required.
- ACLS certification.
- CPR certification.
- Experience in Emergency or critical care setting.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice