Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Under minimal supervision, performs professional level accounting work including the examination, analysis, maintenance, reconciliation, and verification of financial records. Deals mainly with post-transaction reporting and functions and provides guidance to lower level accountants. Assists in the accurate preparation of financial statements, reports and analyses and in the maintenance of accounting procedures.
- Examines accounting documents for accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Provides guidance to lower level accounting personnel. (20%)
- Generates financial statements and supporting schedules for monthly reporting or as needed. Prepares and analyzes basic financial statements, charts, tables, and other supporting schedules. (20%)
- Prepares journal entries and reviews entries prepared by lower level staff. Responsible for preparing the monthly journal entry control log for management review. (20%)
- Analyzes accounting transactions and determines corrective actions or adjustments. Performs detail fluctuation analysis on financial statements and other analysis as requested. (20%)
- Ensures general ledger transactions are recorded accurately, timely and support documentation is sufficient. Reviews records of receipts and disbursements; verifies accuracy of all interfaces and sub-ledger transactions. (10%)
- Serves as the primary contact for respective business units' department managers or staff. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university plus 3-5 years related experience in accounting; or at a minimum, associate’s degree plus 5-7 years’ related accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience with general ledger system knowledge.
- Master’s Degree.
- CPA or CMA.
- Health care experience.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice