Job Description :
The Manager, Clinical Solutions Experience is responsible for the oversight of the Clinical Solutions Experience team and the development and execution of qualitative studies and the packaging of insights for leadership, sales and partners related to the activation and adoption of Living Health, VITAL, and current Highmark Health in-market solutions. This individual is required to work in close collaboration with team members, leadership, and other matrixed partners to ensure a high standard of custom qualitative research, using human-centered design methodologies to deliver timely and accurate studies and their related insights and reports while adhering to all regulatory, compliance, and legal standards.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Lead the development of a clinical solutions experience process which includes study design, implementation, enrollment, data analysis, and report deliverable components with the goal of generating high-value strategic insights for the Living Health and VITAL solutions teams and their related stakeholder groups.
- Monitoring and continuously adjusting the clinical solutions experience process to ensure that the program remains current with emerging industry best practices and techniques with respect to qualitative research using Human Centered Design (HCD) methodologies and techniques and that it is reaching our qualitative research goals and capturing adoption trends in solutions performance relative to the defined strategy, identifying key opportunities for improvement, and providing feedback to other Living Health solution strategy, design, development, and partnership teams.
- Developing and successfully executing individual qualitative research studies leveraging a wide variety of methods while also overseeing the clinical study managers and their individual body of work to ensure that all projects or initiatives are delivered on time and in accordance with the agreed upon scope and work in support of strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Developing and leveraging relationships across the organization as well as externally including but not limited to strategic provider and clinical partners, hospital and clinical operations staff, key payer administration, back office and business personnel to ensure a deep understanding of solution activation and adoption trends and problem areas and to identify key adoption issues, apply the right analytical framework, develop solution and recommendations, represent findings to stakeholders and deliver insights findings to inform future solution refinement and development.
- Develop a documentation system and future product roadmap which produces high-quality Solutions Experience Insights deliverables for use by internal stakeholders to measure solution performance, enable solution refinement, and produce future solution optimization as well for use in future solution commercialization and scaling efforts.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Master's Degree in Science, Public Health, Business Administration
- 5 years in healthcare, payer and/or clinical or hospital operations, or healthcare consulting
- 3 years in management experience or similar experience in a supervisory capacity or role
- 5 years in customer research with a background in the development of customer research utilizing human center design (HCD) methodologies and techniques
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Six Sigma, Agile, Lean
- Human-centered Design
- Qualitative research experience and demonstrated business experience in applying qualitative research techniques
- Demonstrated success in many of the central aspects of the project process, including study development, screener/discussion guide design, study execution, data collection, and analysis/report writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders as well as research participants. Outgoing, friendly personality
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data, identify trends and provide relevant and actionable recommendations and insights
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and especially PowerPoint
- Capacity to handle a high degree of multitasking on a daily basis
- Has a strong commitment to quality
- Demonstrated influencing, and teamwork skills
- Strong emotional intelligence, with servant leadership mind-set
- Commitment to self-development and the development of others
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Referral Level Payout
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice