Hm Life Insurance Company
Job Description :
Responsible for the overall administration and oversight of sales support activities for the sales office. The individual could perform one or more of the following types of tasks in support of the sales process: new and renewal processing, product implementation, re-enrollment activities, vendor interaction, group set-up or cancellation, running reports, preparing meeting materials, developing proposals and benefit grids, research, problem resolution, and other administrative and account relationship activities.
1. Effective management of work flow: Ensuring efficient assignment and completion of work product deliverables, including educating external customers on simplified submission processes; identifying and implementing process improvements; prioritizing volume to ensure deadlines are met; preparing and/or reviewing proposals for accuracy and reasonableness before delivery; follow-up on open proposals and maintain timely status updates; analyze and coordinate implementation of sold cases to ensure accurate installation.
2. Effectively perform account service activities: Attend meetings with sales personnel; investigate and resolve complex issues; provide timely and accurate responses to external customers.
3. At a senior level, mentor sales support staff and promote effective team work by assisting with training; ensuring understanding of duties , systems, work flows, processes and procedures
4. Accurately and timely process and set-up new or updated clients in the appropriate system(s).
5. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Experience, Licenses/Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5-10 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization
- Understanding of self-funding and/or Stop Loss concepts
- Knowledge of medical insurance products and terminology
- Understanding of group insurance underwriting guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience using Excel and Word
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Math skills
- Customer / account service experience in the group insurance or employee benefits industry within a professional office setting
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Yes, limited travel (one to two times per year) may be required to Home Office or other location for training.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice