Job Description :
This job supports executive leadership of the Organization with a range of strategy activities essential to the Organization's membership and margin goals. Provide analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership support that enables project teams to isolate business issues, design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc.), develop technical content (competitive intelligence, market trend analysis), support development of formal recommendations to senior levels of organizational leadership, create documents (go-to-market or operational strategies, etc.) that inform critical strategic issues and decisions.
Employee Referral Payout: Level 2
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plan, organize, staff, direct, and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Work with business / market owners to identify key business issues, apply right analytical framework, develop solution and recommendations, represent findings to stakeholders, and own the outcome.
- Manage major strategy projects with the help of internal or external strategy consulting resources.
- Supports Enterprise Strategy office in development of overall Enterprise Focus 5 strategy portfolio and cross-enterprise strategies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, or related discipline
- 3-4 years of experience as a consultant/client-facing member of services business, or 4 years of strategy experience, including a minimum of 2 years of experience in a healthcare related field, preferably inside health or hospital system or health plan
- 3 years of management experience
- Master's Degree – MBA, MPH, MD
- Understanding of the healthcare industry
- Ability to solve complex conceptual and operational problems; demonstrated ability to lead teams in problem-solving exercises
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated client relationship, influencing, and teamwork skills. Needs to be able to lead cross-functional, cross-BU teams in complex problem-solving exercises
- Basic project management skills
- Strong emotional intelligence, with servant leadership mind-set
- Commitment to self development and the development of others
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches/Trains others regularly
Travels regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Physical Work Site Required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice