Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Evaluates and treats patients with injuries or diseases which result in loss or impairment of speech, language, voice, cognitive and/or swallowing function; supervises work performed by support personnel; effectively communicates and collaborates with patients, families and members of the healthcare team, mentors, supervises work performed by staff and contributes to the management of daily operations.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient’s condition and establishes goals and plan of care which are appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family according to their capabilities and desires. (40%)
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard and possibly specialized speech therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and condition of the patient. (35%)
- Completes documentation to comply with department, hospital, and regulatory standards. (10%)
- Demonstrates expertise and mentors’ others in areas relevant to speech therapy which supports the goals of the department and/or institution. (5%)
- Assumes additional responsibilities that may include but not limited to Performance Improvement, staff and patient scheduling, data collection/analysis, student internship program and oversight of department operations in absence of supervisor. (5%)
- Participates in departmental initiatives for operational improvement including committees and educational offerings. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Speech Language Pathologist.
- Current state licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist or eligible.
- Functional Independent Measure (FIM) Certification.
- Certificate of Clinical Competency.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice