Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Assists the professional RN in providing age-sensitive patient care according to hospital/department policies and procedures. Assists the RN with non-patient care duties such as maintaining adequate stock levels and performing clerical tasks or errands. Must complete an expanded educational class and pass the expanded course requirements.
- Provide for care/comfort of patients under direct supervision of the registered nurse. Carry out responsibilities such as dressing changes, personal hygiene, positioning of patients, ambulation of patients, foley catheter insertions, and computer functions.
- Assist with the technical duties, preparation of lines, and transporting of patients and their charts, constantly maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Perform and document basic patient care procedures such as dietary intake, and weights. Make copies of diagnostic imaging studies on CD/DVD after obtaining the completed Authorization for Release of Information form.
- Prepare the patient care area for patient arrival. Maintains adequate stock levels in each patient care area. This is to ensure needed supplies are available for patient care. Assist in clerical duties and respond to patient call lights in a timely manner to determine patients needs, and follows through appropriately
- Follow department and division policies/procedures, objectives, and performance improvement programs, safety and environmental programs including universal precautions. Attend mandatory inservices and participates in unit-based competencies.
- Report accurate patient information to the professional RN so the RN can intervene in providing adequate and appropriate care. Assist RN in providing care in emergency situations when necessary, initiating the Code 99 process, performing CPR, anticipating needs and securing supplies as indicated.
- Current enrollment with the PA State Nurse Aide Registry, OR completion of a nursing assistant/nursing program, OR 2 years recent experience as a nursing assistant, OR EMT certification, OR Paramedic certification required.
- Must have a minimum of Heartsaver CPR – Course #1 which includes Adult CPR and Foreign, Body Airway instruction (FBOA). Further requirements are department and unit specific.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice