Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Serves as the consistent point of contact for referring physicians, patients, caregivers, families, and the community. Facilitates patient flow, including coordination of appointments and assists the patient with accessing clinical and supportive care services within the Network. The RN Nurse Navigator coordinates all aspects of care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team for all adult patients within specialized disease state to ensure they receive quality and comprehensive services. Identifies community needs and provides education, screening, support, referrals, coordination of care, and any other assistance identified as necessary.
- Oversees community outreach, high risk populations and disease specific sites to establish and sustain working relationships within the network (health plan, physicians, office staff, social services staff, financial counselor, dietician, etc.).
- Educates and coordinates care regarding patient's diagnosis, treatment options, course of treatment, clinical trial information and resources available.
- Works with health care team to ensure safe handoff, coordination of care between facilities as well as inpatient to outpatient or outpatient to inpatient coordination of care. Works with High-Risk Care Teams to reduce re-admissions. May work with and/or assist Registry staff with data collection, patient outcomes and updates care delivery models.
- Coordinates appointments including all aspects of the multi-disciplinary team (physicians, consults, supportive care services, etc. and accompanies patients as needed to appointments. Ensures that medication adherence issues are addressed.
- Works with AHN physician offices/facilities to identify at-risk patients and assists in facilitating appropriate screening processes.
- Trends data and outcomes as established for the navigation program. Identifies gaps to improve patient care across the continuum.
- Develops or attends an existing clinical care conference to report out on active patients to the multidisciplinary team.
- May identify bereavement needs of families and develop plan of care.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Registered Nurse required.
- 1-3 year(s) nursing experience in the specialty required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Certification in area of expertise.
- Valid PA driver's license may be required.
- Older Adults Protective Services Act (OAPSA) clearance may be required depending on location.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice