Job Description :
This job serves as strategic marketing lead for assigned hospitals and medical facilities within a defined geographic region. Responsible for creating and implementing marketing strategies and integrated marketing plans for a broad portfolio of hospital-specific offerings and network clinical services to advance business goals, build patient volume and enhance hospital and health system's clinical reputation. Ensures that the health system marketing campaigns and plans achieve local, community-specific objectives.
Employee Referral Payout: Level 1
• Responsible for developing and implementing integrated (360) strategic marketing plans for hospital and facilities within a defined geographic region that achieve business objectives. Effectively addresses the unique needs of local physician/clinician, patient and consumer audiences. Understands the local competition to position the brand and services in a differentiated manner. Tailors health system and health plan marketing campaigns to the local market needs, identifying and filling gaps for the specific hospital or facility. Leads the development of regional marketing project briefs in collaboration with key stakeholders, matrix partners and marketing research to define objectives, positioning, insights, key messages and measurements. Works with matrix partners and external vendors to execute local tactics and campaigns that include advertising, experiential, direct marketing, events, social media, public relations, and digital.
• Build relationships as the regional marketing "point person" with hospital, facility and service line leadership and physicians to understand patient and stakeholder needs, solicit feedback, obtain buy-in and secure approvals. Establishes relationships with external stakeholders in the community. Aligns with health plan sales and marketing counterparts on shared priorities.
• Collaborate with the Organization's Communications Services team to provide local execution and support for the defined region for public relations, community relations or foundation activities. Conveys regional communications, employee education, and internal writing needs to Communications Services. For select hospitals, provides on-call response for local public relations needs.
• Collaborate with the Organization's Event Planning team on event calendar, speakers, clinical staff, audience, marketing outreach and logistics. Supports local marketing events as the on-site subject matter expert, when needed.
• Develop forecasts for marketing activities and tracks and measures outcomes and return on investment. Analyzes results of local campaigns and other initiatves and refine marketing plans as needed.
• Collaborate with brand and media planning marketing team to ensure advertising leverages the most effective regional placements and achieves hospital and facility growth and care alignment objectives.
• Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree – Marketing, Business, Hospital Administration or Related Field or 6 years of experience in lieu of degree
- 5 years experience in strategic, field or community marketing
- Experience with marketing plan development, event planning and tactical deployment planning
- Experience working independently and demonstrating initiative
• Understanding of clinical capabilities preferred
• Experience with budget management
• Experience in marketing hospital or health systems, health care services or health plans
• Develop forecast and ROI analysis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Must have strong organizational skills and confidence/skill working with a staff of diverse individuals from hospital administrators and physician leaders to internal staff and agencies
• Frequent exercise of independent judgement and initiative
• Must work well under pressure and be able to handle multiple, simultaneous assignments
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• Outgoing personality; ability to effectively interact with team members
• Highly motivated and proactive attitude
• Ability to work additional hours as needed
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Position Type: Office-Based
An employee in this position works in an office environment. The position frequently requires the employee to communicate effectively with others both inside and outside the workplace (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email). The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g., computers and computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines to complete essential tasks. The employee generally works in a fast-paced and frequently stressful environment, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis as well as adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours.
Teaches/Trains others regularly
Physical Work Site Required
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice