Job Description :
This job is accountable for leading the vision, strategy, development, and execution of analytics and reporting solutions that enable Highmark to address strategic priorities which align to the Quadruple Aim: lower per capita health care costs, improved quality of care received, and optimal member/patient and provider experiences with care delivery. The incumbent collaborates effectively with clinical, administrative, operational, financial and technical stakeholders to ensure alignment of analytic with Highmark's strategic priorities and plan. The incumbent will lead, develop and manage analytics teams responsible for delivering actionable insights. They will direct the data analysis and reporting of clinical utilization, cost, financial, claims and clinical data; oversees deliverables, project plans and timelines; monitors teams' performance; and anticipates and mitigates risks.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Collaborate effectively with clinical, administrative, operational, financial and technical stakeholders to ensure analytics identify actionable improvement opportunities and are aligned with execution of organizational strategic priorities, plans and resources.
- Facilitate the creation of analyses, metrics and reports that support the evaluation of outcome measures using all available clinical, member financial and administrative data. Leads analytics teams to develop analyses, metrics and reporting to monitor strategic and operational goal progress and delivers focused and actionable reporting to internal and external and/or across the enterprise.
- Develops and executes the vision for where and how the Clinical and Population can bring sophisticated insights and best-in-class analytics by defining the strategic roadmap and execution plan.
- Partner with clinical, administrative, financial and technical leaders to provide thought leadership and strategic thinking for the structure of analytics initiatives for population health through demonstrating both expertise and execution with robust analysis and clinical and financial data integration.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Nursing, Economics, Health Sciences, Informatics, Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology, Pharmacy
- 7 years of Progressive responsibility of leading and managing analytics teams and providing support to senior and executive leadership
- 5 years of Management and/or Leadership to include:
- 5 years of Business intelligence, analytical software, systems, tools and processes using claims, clinical, enrollment and provider data
- 5 years of Project leadership in a complex, matrixed environment (payer and/or provider preferred)
- Doctorate in Medicine, Public Health, Nursing, Economics, Health Sciences, Informatics, Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology, Pharmacy
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
- Medical Doctor
- Registered Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated record of data-driven discovery, intense intellectual curiosity, and a passion for working with data to answer important questions about population health that drive the Quadruple Aim
- Strong working knowledge of coding languages, relational databases, quantitative and qualitative analytic methodologies, advanced analytics and statistics
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with project team members, stakeholders, executives, and external customer, exceptional written and oral presentation skills, proven ability to communicate interpersonallly and technically with technical and non-technical, and internal and external audiences, and the ability to lead through influence
- Healthcare industry expertise and experience, knowledge about the shifting healthcare environment including trends concerning health insurance, healthcare delivery, provider relationships and regulatory issues
- Sophisticated knowledge of how organizations work and how to get things done through formal and informal channels
- Exhibition of perseverance through energy, drive and demonstrated success when resistance or setbacks are encountered
- In-depth understanding of and experience with both clinical and business processes, and the ability to identify opportunities for improvement and develop solutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead matrixed teams of technical, clinical, administrative, financial and operational staff to achieve shared organizational objectives and strategic goals
Referral Bonus: Level 4
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice