Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Under the direction of the department leadership, prepares operating budgets for units, departments and hospitals based on actual performance, previous budgets, estimated revenue and strategic plan. Reviews expenditures of requisitioning departments to ensure budget conformance. Provides variance analysis of statistics, revenues and expenses. Assists in the installation of budgetary control systems. Manages & monitors budgeting applications.
- Develops, coordinates and analyzes budgets for system services and the hospitals, including meeting with department managers to assist in developing their budgets. Assists in consolidation and analysis of budgets for overall presentation to senior management. (25%)
- Assists Decision Support Services and the Director Budget in planning, organizing and completing various phases of the System’s and Hospitals’ Budgets. (20%)
- Analyzes departmental expenditures monthly. Provides variance analysis and recommendations to management regarding spending patterns to remain within budget in a way consistent with established departmental standards. (20%)
- Summarizes financial information for the monthly fiscal management presentation including actual and projected results. Develops financial presentation through PC-based applications including spreadsheets and graphics. (15%)
- Works with management and departments to create useful management reporting packages. Evaluates and make enhancements to reporting package on an ongoing basis. (10%)
- Provides ad hoc analysis reporting to management on an as-needed basis, such as identifying spending trends, analyzing variances or for other purposes as requested. (10%)
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in budget planning and financial analysis.
- Proficient with spreadsheet applications and database management.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice