Job Description :
This job builds and implements innovative digital experiences for the platforms Highmark Health uses to communicate in digital channels including web, applications, email, SMS, etc. The incumbent will serve as a technology platform expert in the Digital Operations team, working closely with front end developers, back end developers, user experience, development, and platform architecture teams to deliver reusable and sustainable elements and components. The incumbent is expected to be a subject matter expert on the development and delivery of client-facing digital technologies and how they interact with relevant and business critical enterprise data technologies to ensure the smooth transfer of functionality between systems. The primary focus is on working with the team of front and back end developers to deliver scalable experiences as well as maintaining performance and inter-operability between platforms. As part of the platform development team, which also includes Front and Back End Developers. Will collaborate to ensure the technical feasibility of designs, features, and capabilities requested by partners and clients.
- Design and maintain of the overall architecture of the web applications and platforms with a proficient knowledge of back-end programming languages such as PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, JavaScipt, etc.
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application using various techniques including RESTful and SOAP, web services. Etc.
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability using Content Management Systems such as Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal, WordPress, etc. An understanding of fundamental web design principles to build a scalable web application.
- Implementation of security and data protection, data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements using HTML5/CSS3 and image authoring tools such as Photoshop.
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application and content delivery systems.
- Integration of marketing stack platforms (web, email, sms) to deliver seamless experiences across digital channels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- Six (6) years related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- 5 – 7 years Internet/Web Development
- 3 – 5 years IT Applications experience with CSS3, HTML5/XML, JSON and SQL
- 3 – 5 years IT Application – Python and web development
- 3 – 5 years Digital Communications
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Website Development
- Web Applications
- Web Content Management
- Application Development
- Agile Methodolgy
- Web Applications
- Software Development
- User Acceptance Testing
Language (Other than English)
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice