Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides direct supervision of staff within the Pre-Service Center. Assists in the management of daily
- Supervises staff, evaluates work and current state results, monitors staff time and recommends and implements corrective actions. Independently suggests new approaches for performance enhancement and improved productivity. Identifies, quantifies and monitors account detail or workflow processes for barriers. Makes process improvements or initiates courses of action for problem resolution. (20%)
- Uses problem solving skills and planning abilities to diagnose and solve root process, payer and system issues impacting revenue cycle objectives. Addresses team barriers, process flow or productivity issues. Completes employee performance evaluations, monitors attendance and provides disciplinary action as necessary. (20%)
- Organizes, delegates, monitors and measures special projects to ensure they are completed timely and accurately. Provides formal feedback on project results to management. (20%)
- Independently leads initiatives as assigned by management, coordinating task teams or other forums to deliver results as identified and/or determined by leadership. Provides formal updates and closure. (15%)
- Performs scheduling and preregistration duties including patient demographic validation, insurance benefit verification and coordination of benefits order. Excels in all areas of pre-service including scheduling, preregistration/registration, financial clearance and insurance verification, and check-in and financial collections. Trains and leads team members. (15%)
- Delivers a positive patient experience in all encounters. Performs any written or verbal communication necessary to exchange information with designated contacts promoting effective working relationships. Resolves patient issues in a concise and informative manner. (10%)
- Adheres to AHN organizational policies and procedures for relevant location and job scope.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in a multi-physician medical practice or facility billing/business office specifically related to revenue cycle management.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a multi-physician medical practice or facility billing/business office specifically related to revenue cycle management (including staff supervision).
- Experience operating PC and using software applications.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice