Job Description :
This job is responsible for operation management and oversight of contracted security officers and police supervisors at system hospitals. Responsible for oversight of uniformed officers including advising and assisting subordinates in solving complex police, and security issues. Responsible for review of all use of force reports and monitoring officer performance and accountability to established policy and procedures. This incumbent will work with supervisors to ensure required training updates are conducted and updated on time. The incumbent will develop law enforcement and security strategies specific to the various hospitals, and work closely with mental health staff, nursing, physicians, and hospitals administrators on best practices for policing and security within the clinical and hospital environment.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Review various reports including incident reports, arrests, and use of force to ensure the highest accountability to established laws, policies, and procedures. Ensure all hospitals across the network are consistent in security and policing operations.
- Development of policing and security strategies to emerging internal and external threats.
- Collaborate with various metal health staff, physicians, and administrators on best practices in protecting staff and patients.
- Collaborate as a member of the Corporate Security Team, including contracted personnel to ensure protection of our employees, patients, members, visitors, and assets.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminology, Criminal Science, Business administration or related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 10 years in Security
- 3 years in a management role
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- PA Act 235 Lethal Weapons Agent
- PA Act 120 Municipal Police Academy
- Security / Safety
- Security Police Development
- Security Systems
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Crisis Management and Conflict Resolution
- Communication Skills- Public, Hospital Staff, Management, Executives
- Strategic Thinking
Language (Other than English):
25% – 50%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice