Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs direct and indirect technical tasks for patients before, during, and after surgical interventions.
- Initiates changes to physician preference list and assures that team members are aware of changes. (25%)
- Maintains the inventory for the service area assigned. (20%)
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument count. (15%)
- Orients new team members to assigned service area. Directs the work of lower level surgical technicians.(15%)
- Assists in setting up the surgical operating suite with appropriate instruments and supplies. (15%)
- Scrubs in prescribed manner, hands physician instruments required during surgery. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Graduate of Surgical Technologist program required or an LPN previously trained as a surgical technician.
- Current certification as a Surgical Technologist (CST) preferred.
- Three years surgical scrub specialty experience preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice