Job Description :
This job will serve as the enterprise finance lead of the Center of Excellence for cost management. In this role, this leader will be responsible for developing, implementing and continuously refining the end-to-end methodologies and underlying tools and processes to ensure cost optimization activities are aligned across business units and with the enterprise strategic goals. The incumbent will act as a valued business partner to finance and business unit leadership teams across the enterprise with respect to achievement of enterprise wide administrative cost aspirations including leading finance's accountabilities associated with enterprise cost/efficiency strategies (e.g. thinkUp).
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and program as necessary; may have budgetary responsibilities and authority.
- Lead team by providing direction and oversight of efforts, including guide approach, analyses, and recommendations with respect to development and implementation of new tools (zero based budgeting, E2E process alignment, Financial VSM, etc.).
- Serve as business partner with functional and finance leaders to discuss objective, strategy, escalations, and reinforce overall enterprise objectives. Consult on appropriate utilization of tools and methodologies to analyze and execute on cost optimization efforts.
- Deploy and instutionalize project and program management techniques to actively work to remove progress obstacles and ensure timely and effective execution of key deliverables.
- Present findings of enterprise wide (cross BU) cost challenges and/or opportunities with executive leadership team.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- Master's Degree in Business
- 7 years of Corporate Finance
- 5 years of Management/Team Leadership
- 5 years of Program/Project Management
- 5 years of Administrative cost management program experience within Financial Services Organization
- 3 years of Presenting financial results to executive audiences with varying levels of financial understanding.
- 3 years of Lean, Agile, Process and/or Value Stream Mapping
- 3 years in the Healthcare Industry – Payor and/or Provider
- 3 years directly working with Highmark Health products / companies
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice