Job Description :
This job prepares, performs, and analyzes actuarial studies. Utilizes existing processes and applies actuarial techniques and statistical analysis to at least one of several functions, such as insurance premium and pricing development, claim trend analysis, experience studies, medical economics, profitability analysis, wellness studies, predictive modeling, and claim reserving.
- Develop queries to obtain data that is appropriate to the purpose with minimal assistance and oversight.
- Develop studies, analyses, and presentation materials needed to appropriately inform decision makers. Seek input and assistance as required to ensure actuarial work, analyses, and materials are appropriate.
- Proactively ensure the internal and external consistency of all work. This includes (and is not limited to): ensuring input data is correct and appropriately entered, verifying that numbers add up, confirming formulas are correct, and demonstrating consistency with control totals.
- Understand the environment, goals, and objectives of the incumbent's own position, their team, and the internal customers with whom the incumbent regularly works. Check in with immediate manager to ensure own assignments are carried out in a manner that's consistent with team and customer goals.
- Manage own time and resources across projects, focusing on quality, time, scope, usefulness, and appropriateness of work. Carry out recurring projects with minimal assistance and oversight. Keep manager informed.
- Interact with customers in a manner that fosters cooperation, teamwork, and influence while conveying engagement and competence. Enhance department influence by providing responsive service and understanding customer needs.
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with others. Listen, take direction, accept criticism and feedback to improve performance. Perform assigned tasks and alert manager when there's down time. Proactively take on additional work as needed by the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or closely related field
- 0 – 3 years in an Actuarial role
- 1 Exam Component
- Possesses and applies fundamental knowledge of actuarial principles, concepts, practices and processes within a specific field or discipline
- Possesses and builds upon foundational analytical skills
- Analytical Skills
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
Travel Required: 0% – 25%
Referral Bonus: Level 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice