Hm Health Solutions Inc.
Job Description :
The primary purpose of this job is to manage a team of data modelers to design, develop and maintain the set of Conceptual, Logical and Physical data models that define the operational and analytical aspects of data for clients who conduct their business on the EHS Platform. These models will provide direction to development of an Operational Data Store, and Data Warehouse / Data Mart solutions. Additionally, this IT Manager will create plans and manage activities while assessing viability of current direction/projects/operations, recommending strategies and tactics to satisfy current and future business needs. This IT Manager will foresee organizational impacts and understand the procedures associated with introducing new technologies, as well as lead the team in the areas of scheduling, direction, future planning and standard practices. Finally, monitoring quality while actively seeking opportunities for improvement are critical responsibilities.
1. Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization by:
- Managing customer and expectations; facilitating, planning and meetings; translating customer expectations for staff and peers; representing Highmark with outside entities.
- Preparing written procedures, policies, reports and correspondence; collaborating and negotiating with departments corporate wide.
- Collaborating with company customers, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders in identifying customer requirements, assessing impacts to other areas, considering available options, comparing costs and benefits, and recommending solutions.
- Establishes and meets scheduled milestones for deliverables.
2 Management Consulting
- Identify issues and recommend solutions.
- Create presentation and present concept to clients, tailoring presentation to audiences of varies levels, subject knowledge and size.
- Implement recommendations/solutions and ensure client receives the necessary assistance to carry out solutions.
- Liaising with clients to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions.
- Advise clients on options, risks, cost vs benefit, impact on other business processes and system priorities.
3. Ensure continuous improvement of processes and delivery of results within assigned unit/area.
- Organize, direct and coordinate cross-functional activities including staff not under direct managerial control.
- Encourage innovation and focus resources to ensure successful delivery of desired results.
- Apply quantitative risk assessment to team's assignments to understand potential threats and the probability they will occur.
- Lead team in mitigating risks and applying appropriate contingency plans to ensure minimal impacts to customers.
4. Provide leadership to the organization to respond to business opportunities/challenges, new technologies, legislation and other environmental factors.
- Oversee analysis of issues or needs and review recommended solutions.
- Assess the impact of strategic business and technical changes on the environment.
- Responsible for managing all activities within an assigned business unit/area.
- Foresee organizational impacts and understand the procedures associated with introducing new technologies, while seeking ways to collaborate with other teams outside area of responsibility to facilitate transitions.
5. Optimize the utilization of resources by applying appropriate concepts, technologies and workflows
- Ability to accept direction and provide leadership to develop/maintain a high-performance work team.
- Respond to feedback and champion process improvement initiatives by empowering their team to deliver quality services/products to internal and external customers.
- Implement solutions that are consistent with Highmark’s strategic direction.
- Keep abreast of current industry standards and trends.
6. Staff Management accountabilities to include but not limited to:
- Developing and providing input to skills assessment and oversee personal development plans as it relates to career development.
- Coaching, managing and developing employees by establishing clear goals, expectations, and strategies for employee performance.
- Develop and administer performance reviews with measurable goals.
- Provide opportunities for staff to maintain current industry knowledge.
- Provide opportunities for employees to build collaborative relationships with customers.
7. Departmental Management planning and administrative accountabilities to include, but not limited to:
- Departmental budgeting and fiscal responsibilities.
- Manage teams that span geographic areas or functional areas.
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards, policies and regulations (SOX, SSP, DIACAP, PHPLC, etc.).
- Establish and use metrics as a tool to benchmark and improve operational excellence
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term departmental plans.
- Consult and evaluate vendor solutions where appropriate.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 5 years in a leadership / mentoring role
- 3 years of data management / data warehousing / data mart / operational data store design
- 3 years of developing, communicating and presenting concepts to varying audience
- Management experience in: employee development plans, performance evaluations, goals development
- ERWIN or similar data modeling tool strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of data modeling concepts such as data normalization, STAR and Snowflake schemas.
- Experience in budget administration and process improvement
- Knowledge and experience in developing strategic plans
- Demonstrated competency in the execution of multiple projects, including managing resources across multiple projects to meet goals
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of company’s business practices and direction as well as familiarity with the company’s products and resources
- Knowledge of the assigned business unit/area's direction and practices
- This position is required to comply with all Highmark Corporate Policies and IT Procedures, Standards and Strategies
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice