Job Description :
This job applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the accounting, reconciliation, and recording of investment and cash processing activities; prepares income and balance sheet statements and/or journal entries for income received; prepares financial and business related analyses and research; may maintain spreadsheets and databases to facilitate analysis and reporting; and communicates with other departments in the preparation of analyses, journal entries, and account reconciliations, investigating all discrepancies and resolving problems.
- Manage the flow of third-party data files into the investment accounting system and verify the accuracy and integrity of investment transactions and financial information.
- Match cash records received from the custody banks to the system generated records and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of transactions and asset listings between custody bank statements and the investment accounting system for assigned investment portfolios.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of transactions and asset listing between the general ledger and investment accounting system for assigned accounts. Identify and resolve errors in a timely manner.
- Prepare investment schedules and journal entries for quarterly and annual statutory financial statements.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting of investment data for internal and external customers integrating data from a variety of sources.
- Anticipate industry changes and ensure accounting treatment of investments. Adhere to GAAP and Statutory reporting requirements.
- Train and mentor staff to ensure consistency and standardization of processes among team members.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Progress towards an advanced degree
- 5 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization
- General accounting experience with a financial institution
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Products
- Experience working with accounting concepts used in investments
- Financial reporting experience with a bank, investment or insurance company
- Experience using investment accounting software
- Experience with the PAM system
- Knowledge of investment securities and financial markets
- Experience using Bloomberg and Bloomberg excel add-in
- Experience using advanced excel techniques (Pivot Tables, Charts, Spreadsheet Modeling, Macros)
- Experience using Oracle ERP and Smartview
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Professional certification in accounting or financial analysis – Senior level
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Client focused with strong business acumen
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities
Referral level payout 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice