Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides assessment and treatment of patients in collaboration with the physician in their specialty area.
- Collaborates with members of the healthcare team to coordinate, implement and evaluate patient care (25%).
- Evaluates medical health and developmental history of the patient by performing basic physical assessment using observation, inspection, auscultation, palpation, and percussion (25%).
- Discriminates between normal, normal variation, and abnormal deviations by specific screening tests and refers patient with abnormal finding to appropriate members of the primary healthcare team (25%).
- Prepares written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances, administers medication and injections, sutures wounds and provides wound care. (15%)
- Educates patients and family members regarding health and preventive medicine, medications prescribed, treatment instructions and recommends community resources as appropriate. (10%)
- Bachelor's degree and approved Master's or post masters nurse practitioner program.
- Current RN and CRNP licensure.
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner training required.
- Prior experience in area of specialty.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice