Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Assists patients who present financial risk to AHN and will incur financial obligations. Communicates
revenue cycle issues to patients, physicians and other appropriate hospital personnel as needed.
- Identifies and prioritizes accounts containing self-pay liability. Interacts with patients, family members and physician offices to assure collection of self-pay balances due. Pricing services as needed. (30%)
- Assists patients in applying for alternative payment programs including, but not limited to Medical Assistance, Addison-Gibson grants, COBRA, and charity care. (30%)
- Identifies and verifies medical benefits and COB order. Corrects/updates account fields to assure timely, accurate bill submission. Verifies insurance information through payor contact via telephone or online resources. (15%)
- Cooperates with and maintains excellent working relationships with internal and external customers. Performs any written or verbal communication necessary to exchange information with designated contacts and promote working relationships. (25%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or 3-5 years’ coordinator experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years’ related experience performing healthcare registration, patient finance, or customer service.
- Knowledge of health insurance terminology and principles.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice