Job Description :
- Provide account support activities associated with the implementation and administration of groups and accounts. Provide assistance with non-standard benefit implementation tasks. Identify and resolve problems related to benefit interpretations, non- standard benefits, handle rating concerns, and coordinate claim extracts and any subsequent adjudication requirements. This position may have direct interaction with producers, clients and sales reps to ensure complete implementation, on-going service and all renewal activity.
- Has significant expertise in their specific discipline(s). Contributes to and manages small to medium projects within the assigned area.
1. Load and maintain group information and benefit files.
2. Interact and provide support activities to Account Managers
For UCD: Accounts Support Analysts are account managers for all small market clients. May also be involved with managing all aspects of relationships with core partners.
3. Resolve benefit inquiries received from Account Managers, producers, sales reps and small market clients. May coordinate meetings, projects, implementations with clients and core partners.
4. Handle error management and ensure files are corrected.
5. Analyze/coordinate the implementation of new products, group changes, benefit enhancements, non-standard benefits and activities related to mass updates.
6. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED is required for all levels
- Producers License
- Generally Possesses 5-10 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization.
- Experience in health care, insurance or sales
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possesses and applies a broad and in-depth knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices and processes of the specific field or discipline. Possesses significant expertise to complete complex assignments and ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems. Makes decisions that refine and improve known practices or develops new approaches.
- Assignments are broad in scope and require depth of knowledge as well as ingenuity and originality. Solves complex problems often taking a new perspective using existing solutions.
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? No
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required? No
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice