Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Perform a wide range of project task and acts as a financial and operational liaison for operations, regulatory agencies, or other outside entities. Serves as the technical expert for team members. Analyzes financial or contractual results, trends, performance metrics and provides root cause analysis to support business decisions. May analyze products and plans. Recommends, based on trends, and historical analysis revenue budget adjustments, and other cost improvement measures. May be responsible for management and reporting functions for specific or programs funded by commercial, federal, state, local, foundation or industry partners through grants, contracts, or service agreement mechanisms.
- Records, classifies and summarizes or contractual transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Interprets transactions and events for users at all levels of the organization who must make economic or business decisions. (20%)
- Depending on role develops and/ or maintains processes and performs complex calculations to support the short and long term strategic plans and operating budgets, supports monthly close or contracting process and the generation of the monthly and/or annual financial statements. May be responsible for negotiations and comparisons of payor performance . (20%)
- As required provides expertise and education related to budgeting, revenue recognition, reimbursement, and system and processes changes. Correlates Revenue/Expense to volumes and prepares reports to assist financial management in assessing financial performance. (20%)
- Evaluates, updates, and maintains processes in support of regulatory and third party changes, quarterly workpapers, annual audits, cost accounting, and third party cost reporting. (10%)
- Performs detailed variance analysis against expected budget, forecast, prior periods, modeling or other revenue benchmarks as required to support operations. (10%)
- Stays abreast of issues impacting the healthcare industry and/or third party payor regulations/requirements, sponsored project research, especially those that have a financial impact to AHN and communicates those issues to team and management. Makes recommendations for financial and performance improvement. (5%)
- Analyzes contractual or financial results, trends, performance metrics and provides root cause analysis to support contracting and/or business decisions. Recommends budget adjustments, and other cost/revenue improvement measures. (15%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ financial analysis experience.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet applications and database management.
- Master's Degree or equivalent experience.
- CPA, CMA, FHFMA, CHFMA or CRA.
- Sponsored program administration.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply complex federal regulations and policy.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice