Job Description :
This job supports the growth of the Organization’s sales goals through the development of customer-focused, strategically-positioned sales messaging. The incumbent is responsible for the development, coordination, and timely response to complex RFIs/RFPs in support of local, mid-market and national sales objectives for current and prospective customers across multiple lines of business. Assists in determining the appropriate products, strategies and unique customized solutions to meet a customer’s specific needs. Consults, engages and communicates effectively with all levels of the Organization, including executive management to write professional and persuasive proposals, executive summaries, white papers (through strategic research, market analysis and creative resources) for external clients, consultants, Partner Plans. Fully accountable and overall responsibility of projects end-to-end and ensures final product depicts the Organization’s value, differentiators and resonates with key stakeholders. The incumbent coordinates complex projects that influence the division’s reputation with internal / external customers, and, relationships with national consultants and/or other Blue Plans. Additional responsibilities include participation in sales projects or initiatives that have high impact to market performance and success, assists in the training/development, and provides subject matter direction and guidance of lower level specialists. Identifies opportunities to maximize messaging efficiencies across the Enterprise and with plan partners.
- Develop, plan, research, write, edit, manage, and deliver complex request for proposals and information. Demonstrate subject-matter knowledge of all lines of business, products, and services in order to develop clear and concise messaging and provide subject-matter direction to complete projects and assignments. Solid knowledge of the Organization’s distribution channels. Conduct market research, trend analysis to interpret and understand the needs of the customer in order to create a compelling, well-articulated value proposition that aligns the Organization’s products/services with the customers’ health strategy. Tailor product information and positioning to customize various sales strategies (via written and visual communication materials) with targeted, strategic solutions according to project timeliness. Provide quality review of messaging to ensure accuracy, consistency, appropriate position and competitive differentiation.
- Project manage for high exposure, critical impact projects related to sales activity and manages all phases of proposal process. Manage and lead kick-off, work with key stakeholders to drive client strategy and approach. Effectively communicate the RFP strategy to a network of SMEs, copywriters, and creative specialists, to ensure projects are completed in the same “voice,” and reflect the strategy that has been developed with sales leaders. Organize, plan, and maintain project plan within tight deadlines. Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Anticipate roadblocks. Monitor and evaluate to deliver custom, differentiated, innovative solutions and value proposition proposals that are accurate, on message and brand, by specified deadlines.
- Facilitate strategic planning meetings with all levels of the organization to develop strategy, customized solutions. Includes proactive planning to advance leaders through strategic planning to develop central strategy for RFPs in advance of RFP, during RFP, and/or providing expert market intelligence on RFP trends. Communicate effectively and serve as trusted advisor/consultative partner internally (sales, subject matter experts, senior leadership, and externally (consultants, Blue Plans) to resolve problems, prioritize.
- Create, research, develop, write, and manage other sales information resources, including: executive summaries, white papers, factoids, case studies/testimonials, and other ad-hoc requests to be used for sales staff to respond to customer needs in a customized solution-sales driven market.
- Maintain detailed records and facilitates proper record submission for new/ updated content for database administrator.
- Apply knowledge of graphic standards, brand requirements, to materials, as appropriate, adhering to company policies and procedures
- Identify and make decisions that refine and improve known practices or develops new approaches.
- Assist in managing business partner relationships, serve as a member of various sales and marketing efforts, serve on various internal and external committees and work-groups.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Technical Writing, Public Relations, or English
- 6 years of relevant marketing, messaging, Request for Proposal management experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- 5 – 7 years of Bid/Proposal Writing, Project Management, Communications, Marketing Communications, or Sales Support experience
- 5 – 7 years of Healthcare Industry or Health Insurance Industry Experience
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Healthcare Business Consultant (CHBC)
- APMP Certification
- America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) Certification
- Microsoft Office
- Written & Oral Communication Skills
- Written & Oral Presentation Skills
- Written Communications
- Outstanding Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Creative Briefs & Proposal Writing
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- RFP Automation Software
Language Requirement (other than English)
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice