Job Description :
This job consults and educates Producers and Consultancies both regionally and nationally. Through the use of analytics, education, go to market strategy and maintaining influential relationships, this role will serve as the liaison between Pharmacy Markets and Producers and Consultancies. Provide recommendations to internal processes and business leaders to better service distributors, and serve as the “face” of Highmark Pharmacy to the producer community.
- Enterprise-wide Strategy: Participate in internal and external forums to ensure full understanding of enterprise-wide pharmacy strategies to educate and engage broker community; support continued development and refinement of health plan’s producer engagement strategy, utilizing an internal matrixed network to stay abreast of evolving trends and inform internal business and sales leaders of needed adjustments to current business strategies.
- Analysis: Ability to interpret, manipulate, and present trend as well as financial data to provide insights on pharmacy clients as it relates to the producer relationships to enhance the value of the producer partnership; support the carve-in initiative using agency specific membership and profitability calculations.
- Training & Education: serve as conduit of internal business updates to support the development of content and education materials. Draws upon knowledge to educate external stakeholders through multiple formats ensuring the producer community is fully informed on the enterprise’s value and any pertinent pharmacy-specific updates (in-person, zoom webinar, etc.), with a select amount of events being eligible for Continuing Education credits. Events may include educational forums and lunch & learns.
- External Engagement: Participate in execution of large-scale, regional social events, including the bi-annual regional producer advisory council (PAC) meetings. Inform and create pharmacy content, serving as the subject matter expert speaker and presenter.
- Facilitate and manage input in conjunction with Sales and Pharmacy business units and other Stakeholders as needed for RFP (request for proposal) and RFI (request for information) and repricing situations for existing Organization pharmacy clients.
- Sales Support: establish and maintain close partnerships with various Sales teams (Regional, National, HMIG, Dental, etc.), through frequent engagements to keep sales team abreast on applicable pharmacy updates, supporting the Sales team’s applicable performance targets through management of producers, and identifying opportunities to strengthen and expand the producer channels related to sales support by educating and informing on pharmacy products and performance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 7 years of Client/Market facing, Sales, Business Development or Producer Administration
- 3 years in a Strategy-related role
- 3 years in a Statistical Analysis, Data Interpretation, or related roles
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Producer license with lines of authority of health and life or must be obtained within 45 days of hire
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, & Power Point
- Advanced knowledge of the provider, payer, and producer environment
- Detailed working knowledge of pharmacy sales and market competitiveness
- Ability to develop, interpret, and explain analytical reports
- Analysis of business problems/needs
- Business Strategy
- Strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
- Communication skills, including public speaking, presentation development, and use of business and financial acumen
Language (Other than English):
25% – 50%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice