Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Responsible for providing daily husbandry to laboratory animals. Responsibilities include cleaning and changing cages, providing food, water and enrichment, cage washing, census taking and performing janitorial duties such as dusting, sweeping, mopping, doing laundry and trash removal.
- Perform daily animal husbandry limited to feeding, watering and cage sanitation. (55%)
- Take daily inventory counts of the research animals. (5%)
- Restock the animal housing rooms with feed, toys and PPE. Receive animal feed, bedding, PPE and other various items upon delivery and stock into supply rooms. (5%)
- Dust, sweep, mop, trash removal and laundry in the animal resources facility. (20%)
- Perform cleaning and decontamination of housing rooms. (15%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Six months to one year of working with or caring for animals in a research, retail, veterinary or zoo environment is preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice