Job Description :
Powering the realization of healthy outcomes for members and patients from data with the convergence of data platforms, transactional runtime engines, and analytic tools. Our team manager manages Analytic Platform Infrastructure team personnel, specifically Hadoop and Teradata administrators. Decisions on personnel actions (promotions, hiring, terminations, etc.) Develops talent, addresses resource management, cultivates capabilities of staff, works with Tech Leads in planning and coordination of work, and managing performance. Responsible to provide people resources to project management efforts Specific duties will include ensuring personnel who report to them, gain and use specialized knowledge and expertise to implement, maintain, monitor, and ensure performance of databases. Plans and implements upgrades or installation of new components, if required and trains others on how to do these tasks.
This role can be virtual or Pittsburgh/Camp Hill preferred.
Employee Referral Payout: Level 2
1. Staff Management accountabilities to include but not limited to:
• Developing and providing input to skills assessment and oversee personal development plans as it relates to career development.
• Coaching, managing and developing employees by establishing clear goals, expectations, and strategies for employee performance.
• Develop and administer performance reviews with measurable goals.
• Provide opportunities for staff to maintain current industry knowledge.
• Provide opportunities for employees to build collaborative relationships with customers.
2. Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization by:
• Managing customer and expectations; facilitating, planning and meetings; translating customer expectations for staff and peers; representing Highmark with outside entities by working through the department manager.
• Preparing written procedures, policies, reports and correspondence; collaborating and negotiating with departments corporate wide when required.
• Collaborating with company customers, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders in identifying customer requirements, assessing impacts to other areas, considering available options, comparing costs and benefits, and recommending solutions.
3. Create, develop, and review the physical model created from the logical model, ensuring that the detailed physical design of data structures and databases complies with standards, guidelines and procedures recommended for all aspects of data modeling, database design, and maintenance.
Provide support for application staff and business areas regarding database implementations, which could include a customized in-house database and/or a third party application package.
Establish automated monitor mechanism for space and database availability conditions. Establish best practices for database and application high availability through the use of third party technologies and through the exploitation of various database features.
Train others on all the skills above.
4. Provide applications support for staff, as well as, outside division to answer questions and resolve problems related to the DBMS technology and computing platform such as Z/OS, UNIX, Linux, and Windows. Conduct root cause analysis to identify and resolve problems impacting application and/or database availability and service levels. Contact vendor support when necessary to facilitate application development and client problem resolution with optimum speed and efficiency.
5. Provide after hours and weekend support as required for on call responsibilities, database refreshes, testing, technology upgrades, and other off hour assignments.
6. Participate in establishing and maintaining technical standards, departmental procedures, and other technical documentation as required. Assure compliance to required Corporate standards, procedures, guidelines and processes, including audits.
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years experience
- Technical team leadership experience or the desire to lead
- Master’s Degree
- Licenses or Certifications: Vendor DBA Certifications for the relevant DBMS
- Health insurance business knowledge
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? No □ Yes X
Must be able to work non-standard and long hours in support of problem resolution, application release support, and technology infrastructure installation/changes.
This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice