Job Description :
This role is part of a team that provides customers a platform on which to store, transact on, and distribute processing of large datasets. This position will be responsible for designing, implementing, managing and administering the overall Hadoop infrastructure. In this role, you will install and configure systems for use with various distributions of Hadoop structures and databases. At Highmark Health IT, we are powering the realization of health outcomes for members and patients by leveraging the convergence of data platforms, transactional runtime engines and analytic tools. Come help us!
*This location can be virtual or Pittsburgh/Camp Hill locations preferred
Employee Referral Payout: Level 4
- Takes the lead on implementing, managing and administering the overall Hadoop infrastructure based on the customer requirements. Involves designing, capacity arrangement, cluster set up, performance fine-tuning, monitoring, structure planning, scaling and administration.
- Work closely with infrastructure, network, database, business intelligence and application teams to ensure business applications are highly available and performing within agreed on service levels.
- Implements concepts of Hadoop eco system such as YARN, MapReduce, HDFS, HBase, Zookeeper, Pig and Hive.
- Accountable for storage, performance tuning and volume management of Hadoop clusters and MapReduce routines.
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and performance. Manage and analyze Hadoop log files. File system management and monitoring.
- Leads data modeling, design and implementation, software installation and configuration, database backup and recovery, database connectivity and security.
- Responsible for the new and existing administration of Hadoop infrastructure.
- Serves as a resource regarding Hadoop related topics. Acts as a mentor to other members of the team.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School/GED
- 7 years in Information Technology to include: 5 years of Unix/Linux admin experience, 3 years of Hadoop distribution, 3 years of Hive, 3 years of Apache, MapR, Spark, Hive, Impala, Kafka, Flume, 1 year of Python
- Due to DOD requirements, this person must be a US citizen
- Vendor administrator certifications for the relevant Hadoop distribution
- Knowledge of SAS, Tableau and generic ODBC/JDBC,
- Knowledge and understanding of operating systems across various IT environments
- Problem Solving and Analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical skill set specific to data analysis and handling
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing projects
- Adaptable to change in evolving industry
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice