Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides for purchase, storage, distribution, reverse distribution and accounting of pharmaceuticals and
related products in accordance with all federal and state laws and standards of professional practice.
- Performs procurement functions related to inventory, purchasing, receiving, reverse distribution, storage and drug distribution to ensure appropriate inventory levels to meet operational needs. Records and processes recalls, outdates, returns and credits. (30%)
- Monitors hospital medication inventory including floor stock, automated dispensing cabinet inventory and facilitates the medication needs of other departments. (30%)
- Participates in network supply chain purchasing initiatives. Reconciles and maintains purchase records pertaining to inventory activities, invoice management and associated database maintenance activities. (10%)
- Administers the inventory replacement process for 340B medications inclusive of maintaining files and accurate records for 340B split billing software, maintaining compliance with 340B regulations, conducting all procurement activities in line with policies and regulations that govern hospital policy and the 340B program as appropriate. (10%)
- Assists pharmacy management in monitoring the department’s drug budget by reporting significant changes in prices, contract status and purchase volumes. (10%)
- Processes patient and department charges, credits and billing information. Resolves discrepancies as they arise. Participates in CDM build and maintenance as necessary. (5%)
- Performs the pharmacy technician functions as defined in the pharmacy technician job descriptions as necessary. Participates in performance improvement and regulatory compliance efforts. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of a formal pharmacy technician training program. Equivalent relevant pharmacy experience required in lieu of formal training program.
- 3-5 years’ hospital pharmacy technician experience.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) required within 6 months of hire. Legacy technicians must obtain certification within 12 months of policy effective date.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice