Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides assistance to management in coordinating Pharmacy Technician activities, including education, training, competencies, patient medication histories, daily pharmacy operations and support and knowledge of Automated Dispensing System and Hospital computer systems.
- OPERATIONS: Perform general pharmacy technician duties and all other duties as assigned. Maintain adequate inventory levels and records in specialized areas *As applicable, participate as unit based technicians, which could include functions of assisting in coordination of medications in medication rooms per request of Nursing, facilitation of medication delivery and patient medication history.
- Coordinate daily workflow within respective areas (i.e. Administration, Narcotic, Oncology, IV Room, Medication Reconciliation), which might require staffing/scheduling adjustments as necessary.
- As applicable Medication Reconciliation: Coordinate interviews of patient and/or family members to obtain a medication history. Identify and prioritize patient interviews based on work flow and scheduled admissions. Verify accuracy of medication list obtained. Clarify information as needed with patient’s physician office or local pharmacy, if necessary. Coordinate with pharmacist to ensure that any discrepancies between medications taken before admission and medications ordered upon admission for a patient are intentional and not accidental. Enter medication history into computer system.
- As applicable Administration: Scheduling and workflow. Maintain a master technician schedule and coordinates necessary changes in technician schedule, develops, monitor and assess technical workflow including work related to staffing, Automated Dispensing Systems and computer systems. Assist the manager in recordkeeping of personnel information including time keeping. Act as contact person for incident/accident report, payroll questions and paperwork associated with time and attendance.
- TRAINING: Coordinate technician orientation, training, security access to pharmacy systems and in-service education with regard to respective areas. Assist the manager with competency assessment and documentation.
- SAFETY: Participate and lead performance improvement and regulatory compliance efforts. Provide input into the development of policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum 4 years pharmacy experience as a pharmacy technician or completion of a pharmacy technician training program and 3 years equivalent experience.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) preferred and required within 3 months of hire.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice