Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job collaborates with all disciplines for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating / documenting psychosocial factors which contribute to patients’ illnesses and/or have an impact on continuity of care; scope of services may include, but is not limited to, discharge planning, counseling, crisis intervention, information and referral, domestic violence, drug and alcohol abuse, suspected abuse, psychiatric services and guardianships per regulatory requirements. Services may be provided both inpatient and outpatient.
- Completes and documents psychosocial assessments, intervention, and coordination of care to identified populations.
- Provides crisis intervention/counseling to identified populations to enhance patient/family coping mechanisms regarding illness.
- Engages the patient/family/significant other and interdisciplinary team in the discharge process to identify appropriate post-acute resources and community service follow-ups.
- Provides education to patients/family/significant other and interdisciplinary team regarding psychosocial factors related to illness.
- Actively participates in those areas of expertise to further enhance the role of social work within the hospital.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- MSW required (current employees may be grandfathered)
- Older Adults Protective Services Act (OAPSA) clearance may be required depending on location.
- LSW or LCSW eligibility preferred depending upon facility requirements.
- 2 years’ experience in a hospital/multidisciplinary health care setting.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice