Job Description :
This job is accountable for the development and management of a service and or analytic product with a unique focus on the applicable business unit. Represents the customer to a large cross functional team of indirect reports that are assigned to fully support the product and business strategy. The incumbent is accountable for the product’s short and long term business success. Creates, orders and validates the work that is required in order to deliver the product which requires a deep understanding of the product, the market, business strategy and operating model. Accountable for the development and management of the product’s vision, strategy, roadmap, day to day execution, and ensures ongoing alignment with executive leadership and primary business objectives for the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead a cross functional team of indirect reports with a product portfolio of less than 3 key initiatives to develop and deliver the work. Identify success metrics and determines methodology to achieve product outcomes. Empower team to manage their work by setting clear priorities from the product development and enhancement backlog.
- Create and communicate the product vision, strategy and roadmap. Incorporate stakeholder feedback and clearly articulates product backlog items and acceptance criteria to the team to avoid any yield loss. Represent the product in all governance meetings. Clearly sets and communicates roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences, from product team to executive leadership.
- Form the product backlog containing all of the work to be performed. Proactively identify new initiatives/themes and builds out backlog items under these new initiatives or themes based upon value. Own the product backlog and uses multi-directional input to refresh and reprioritize the backlog to drive business value. Mitigate impediments impacting successful team completion of product development goals.
- Works with customers to review releases and adjust development accordingly. Maintains a clear vision on the highest value product backlog items and makes trade-offs and negotiates based on team capacity to determine the backlog.
- Actively updates the business regarding progress and performance metrics. Monitors outcomes, customizes and adds metrics to continuously provide stakeholders with an updated view of the product’s success. Identifies success metrics and determines methodologies to deliver against outcomes. Actively anticipates future needs and utilizes product health metrics to identify improvement opportunities.
- Generates a high-level release plan. Continually re-prioritizes team’s tasks based upon new information, discussions with stakeholders, and probability to drive business outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Healthcare Discipline, or Information Management
Any of the Following:
- 3 years Product Ownership
- 3 years Product Development & Management
- 3 years Design Thinking
- 3 years Project/Program Management
- 3 years Strategic Consulting
- 3 years Analytic Consulting
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Healthcare Discipline, or Information Management
- Experience with Natural language processing and Analytics
- Knowledge of Risk Revenue coding (Retrospective) in Health plan
- Past experience in Software programming or application development
- 3 years Analytic Consulting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Leadership of cross functional teams
- Empowered problem solving capabilities, focusing on the customer and business needs
- Effective decision making competencies taking into consideration business value, market commitments and strategic importance
- Strong understanding of the healthcare industry, consumer engagement and customer design
- Effective communicator to all levels of the organization including but not limited to Executive Leadership
Referral Bonus: Level 3
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice