Job Description :
This job is responsible for the planning and implementation of the investment strategy for the internally managed fixed income portfolios for the Organization and its subsidiary companies. The incumbent will evaluate trade ideas, conduct investment research on investment credit sectors and make recommendations for cross sector investments into the portfolio. The incumbent must be aware of the economic and political events that impact the financial markets and be able to project their impact to the portfolios under management to reduce the risk of loss and preserve principal under adverse market conditions. Investment risk shall be managed by diversification in asset classes, duration, income generation and liquidity determined by the line of business and investment policy guidelines.
• Maintain and establish relationships for trade execution, gather information on new security issuance and stay abreast of current investment ideas and trends. Create competitive trade options and gather and negotiate favorable terms on behalf of the corporation.
• Develop value based fixed income investment strategies using quantitative models, analytics and execute the implementation of the strategies by the Investment Portfolio Director. Execute trades and investment strategy on a best price/competitive bid basis and ensure proper trade settlement with various custody agents.
• Manage the integrity of the investment data on various external software packages in order to analyzes market risks. Based on these market trends, data analysis and yield curve dynamics, execute strategic transactions to generate income and manage duration exposures of internally managed long-term bond portfolios.
• Perform duties that support the liquidity management of the investment portfolios.
• Research and utilize technology improvements for trading execution, risk evaluation, and reporting on portfolio performance.
• Provide investment expertise in interactions with various finance functions.
• Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s Degree – Finance, Mathematics, Accounting
6 years’ experience including investment portfolio management or securities trading and settlement
Master’s Degree – Finance, Mathematics, Accounting
• 5 years’ experience in securities trading
• 3 years’ settlement/back office experience in security delivery
• 3 years’ experience utilizing trading/analytics software
• 7 years’ experience in actively trading investment accounts
• 5 years’ investment experience in an insurance company , investment management firm or bank
• 5 years’ utilizing analytical tools such as Bloomberg, Yield Book, Bond Edge or similar tool
• Progress toward an MBA, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification, or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Strong communication skills
• Self-starter able to act proactively and solve problems
• Strong analytical skills
• Working knowledge of Yield Book, Bloomberg or comparable investment tool
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation
0% – 25%
An employee in this position works in an office environment. The position frequently requires the employee to communicate effectively with others both inside and outside the workplace (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email). The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g., computers and computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines to complete essential tasks. The employee generally works in a fast-paced and frequently stressful environment, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis as well as adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours.
Teaches/Trains others regularly
Travels regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Does Not Apply
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (Sales employees)
Does Not Apply
Physical Work Site Required
Most On-The-Road Positions
An employee in this position may work in a home or company office environment but is also frequently driving to and from various locations to perform the work off-site. The position frequently requires the employee to communicate effectively with others both inside and outside the workplace (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email). The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g., computers and computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines to complete essential tasks. The employee generally works in a fast-paced and frequently stressful environment, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis as well as adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours.
An employee in this position is frequently required to move throughout the workplace, sit, stand and walk, use hands and fingers to hold objects, tools or controls, possess fine motor skills (e.g., to write and operate a computer or to steer transportation equipment), possess gross motor skills (e.g., to carry items), reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel crouch and crawl, communicate effectively, and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to work in a busy environment where decisions often must be made quickly, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis, must adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours. This work occurs in a [example: warehouse, hospital or provider’s office or mailroom].
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Changes Approved By:
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Referral Level Payout – 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice