Date Posted: 20200513
Location: Allegheny General Hospital
Status: 72 hours a pay
Rotation with rotating weekends and holiday per policy
The Allegheny Health Network is comprised of eight hospitals: Allegheny General, Allegheny Valley, Canonsburg, Forbes, Jefferson, Saint Vincent, Westfield Memorial and West Penn; and more than 200 primary- and specialty-care practices. And we have approximately 1,700 physicians in every clinical specialty, 17,000 employees and 2,000 volunteers. Together, we provide world-class medicine to patients in our communities, across the country and around the world.
For decades, the hospitals of Allegheny Health Network have been providing people with exceptional healthcare, care that helps people to live healthy lives and care that we deliver throughout their lifetimes.
Since 1885, Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) has offered medical care to Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas. What started with just 50 beds inside two adjoining brick homes has evolved into a premier health care institution with over 600 beds. Today, AGH still follows the founding partners mission statement, “Erected for the benefit of mankind to save life, relieve suffering and conserve health” by continually striving for outstanding patient experience and care. Allegheny General offers its patients many modern-day amenities, state-of-the art surgical suites, innovative technology, and advanced medical treatments, which are delivered by its world-renowned doctors in conjunction with exceptional teams of nurses, technicians, clinicians and supporting staff.
Job Summary: Responsible and accountable for a designated patient population for the purpose of providing care based upon enactment of the nursing process.
8 beds. Age ranges 0-21 with the possibility of managing adult med/surg patients. Common diagnosis include: orthopedics and ENT surgical patients. On this unit you will see medical pediatric patients. Predominantly dehydration or respiratory complications. We admit infants and treat/manage patients that have elevated bilirubin or withdrawal form substance abuse.
- Demonstrates clinical assessment skills and care planning skills.
- Provides safe and effective care for the age population served according to regulatory requirements.
- Professionally directs and manages the activities of the patient care delivery by the team members.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team for the plan of care from admission through discharge.
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family and provides education based on age, culture and willingness to learn
- Current RN PA license in good standing
- Minimum One year recent Pediatric Nursing experience required