Gateway Health Plan
Job Description :
*This is a work from home for the Erie, PA and Harrisburg, PA areas.*
This job oversees the housing services and support for Gateway Health members. The incumbent collaborates with federal, state and local affordable housing agencies such as Housing of Urban Development (HUD), subsidized housing, public housing authorities and voucher programs. The incumbent works with individuals and families in finding affordable, accessible housing through one of the above-mentioned agencies. Assists in educating and assisting the case managers regarding affordable, accessible housing services.
- Research, evaluate and analyze demographic and housing data in order to assist in identifying housing options for identified members.
- Identify barriers and develop strategies for maneuvering through the barriers that exist to find suitable living situations.
- Act as a liaison for members, Case Managers and housing agencies in assisting individuals and families with finding affordable, accessible housing.
- Serve as housing subject matter expert in affordable, accessible housing options.
- Develop a strong partnership and collaborate with community organizations and various federal, state and local government agencies such as (HUD) in identifying and finding affordable housing options for identified members.
- Provide training and support to Case Management staff to assist in identifying members for transition, and to assist in the transition of members to safe, affordable, accessible, quality housing.
- Work with team members and management as needed to complete program deliverables.
- Evaluate and oversee housing initiatives and provide feedback and recommendations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned and requested.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 – 3 years in Community Outreach or Customer Service
- 1 – 3 years assisting older adults, the elderly, and persons with disabilities to secure accessible, affordable housing
- 1 – 3 years working with low income housing providers to develop accessible and affordable housing for older adults, elderly, and persons with disabilities
- Experience in Medicaid & Medicare regulations
- Experience in Customer Service/Member Services
- Experience with complaint and grievance processes
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Ability to establish relationships with necessary housing authorities/agencies
- Communication, interpersonal, analytical, organizational and negotiating skills to manage timelines and deliverables effectively
- Knowledge of federal and state housing laws and regulations related to housing programs
- Knowledge of homeless resources available
- Ability to speak in public and conduct effective presentations
- Ability to work independently or in a team, set priorities and meet deadlines on multiple projects
- Individual is creative and assertive and has the ability to mentor and coach others
Language Requirement (other than English)
50% – 75%
Physical, Mental Demands and Working Conditions
Teaches/Trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out -of-the-office selling products/services (sales employees)
Does Not Apply
Physical work site required
Lifting up to 10 pounds
Lifting up to 25 pounds
Lifting 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice