Job Description :
This job provides operational support in the Individual Markets segment and executes projects to assist in the achievement of segment financial and membership goals. The incumbent identifies any product and service barriers (both internally and externally) and communicates those to direct management and relevant matrix partner departments – all with the goal of improving consumer and distribution partner experience and effectiveness. The incumbent is also the go-to-person for direct broker operational support, and ensures that channel has been enabled by proper training, communication and capability roll-out.
- Support the Individual Markets Strategic Plan by managing various initiatives and tactical implementations related to producer (external broker), distribution channel.
- Establish collaboraton with multiple internal departments that support the Individual Segment to improve distribution channel effectiveness (e.g.Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Regulatory, etc.) and with the aim of preparing producer channel to sell Highmark products.
- Act as “voice of the producer/agent” to ensure this channel has appropriate tools, tactics, and materials to be successful in executing the Individual Markets annual Open Enrollment Period and intra-year Special Enrollment Period.
- Manage relationships with broker agencies supporting Individual Markets to provide support in the areas of portal related troubleshooting, addressing business related inquiries, training curriculums and CMS/ACA annual certification verification.
- Collaborate with Distribution Channel Management to develop and execute relevant communications (e.g. commission alerts, training communications, product updates, market changes, etc.) to ensure producer channel is abreast of Individual Markets strategy and overall business plan.
- Additional accountabilities including tasks and projects related to Open Enrollment readiness and annual enrollment goals.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management , Sales Operation, Health Care or Related Field
- 6 years of sales related experience in the health insurance industry
- 3 years in an applicable business related role
- 2 years in Marketing, Communications, Sales or Sales Operations
- 3 years in Marketing, Communications, Sales or Sales Operations
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- PA Producer License – Health
- Ability to analyze situations and data to identify issues and determine points of relevance
- Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal skills, including flexibility, initiative, and discretion in confidential or sensitive matters
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively with a team
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic project management skills
Language (other than English)
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Does Not Apply
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice