Highmark Bcbsd Inc.
Job Description :
The Director of Provider Contracting is responsible for directing negotiation of the plan’s key contracts with health care providers (hospitals, PHOs, physicians, intermediate care providers). Directs financial analyses of the provider’s payment history, develops approaches to manage the payout consistent with company parameters, oversees the actual negotiation process, and assumes the lead where necessary. Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and updating of the plan’s multiple fee schedules and payment methodologies used to reimburse institutional and professional providers. Implements network contract and reimbursement initiatives as indicated by enterprise and market strategy.
1. Directs and oversees hospital and institutional provider contract negotiations, taking the lead in complex or high-dollar situations, where appropriate. Negotiates rates for nonparticipating provider services or non-contracted services for applicable products.
2. Coordinates financial analyses and development of strategies for contract negotiations.
3. Manage the design and implementation of provider strategies and reimbursement methodologies aimed at controlling health care costs and evaluate the impact on providers.
4. Develop strategic relationships with key provider constituents and maintain critical communication with institutional and professional providers in sensitive contract discussions or in resolving reimbursement issues.
5. Generally coordinates and has primary responsibility for all provider reimbursement activities within the Plan, including the execution of initiatives in support of enterprise and market strategy.
6. Engages with external consultants as needed to develop and evaluate recommendations related to reimbursement and contract compliance or other reimbursement-related issues.
7. May prepare expansion requests for regulatory agencies, oversee the production of provider directories for members, providers, and community agencies, has responsibility for the provider application process and oversee production of and reviews Access & Availability studies and GeoAccess maps, Alternative Language Studies and Encounter Studies for all states and all lines of business. Facilitates and oversees CACTUS credentialing database functionality and paperless workflow processes through OnBase document management system.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelors’ degree in business, finance, information management, healthcare administration or health related discipline
- 5 years experience in health care administration/delivery/finance or a related field
- 3 years experience in a management role
- Master’s degree in Business or Health Care Administration
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Preferred working knowledge of third party payment concepts, and a solid understanding of health care finance and regional market environment.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a spokesman and interface with external corporate officers and consultants in contract negotiations.
- Superior ability to analyze data and reimbursement methods to determine strategies and issue resolution in negotiations and other business matters.
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
. Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice