Job Description :
Analyzes risk factors for new enrollment, annual renewals, and amendments of group/individual insurance contracts or self funded plans in conformance with established underwriting policies, practices and standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for a block of business (new or renewal) or for those new/renewing accounts assigned.
- Interpret risk and applies pricing policies to account for unusual situations. Identify questionable claim patterns whether occurring on an inforce account or a prospect.
- Identify unusual situations not anticipated by standard pricing formulae and seek assistance in applying Corporate Risk Management policies .
- Monitor compliance with Corporate Underwriting policies.
- Complete workload within established Production and Timeliness standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Finance, Business, Computer Science or other quantitative analysis discipline (6 years of related experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree)
- 1 year of relevant insurance industry experience
- Strong Excel or Access skills are a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use computer systems, electronic tools, and applications
- Ability to manage several simultaneous priorities
- Demonstration of ethical business practices with adherence to guidelines
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic analytical skills
Referral Bonus: Level 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice