Gateway Health Plan
Job Description :
The Administrative Assistant supports an Executive and performs a wide range of secretarial and general office duties as assigned and ensures timely and accurate completion of assignments to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of their manager in meeting operational objectives. Responsibilities include typing, word processing, proofreading, handling phone calls, maintaining and organizing files, copying, reviewing and distributing mail, greeting visitors, ordering supplies, scheduling calendars, and making travel arrangements. In addition, this position organizes/expedites workflow and is responsible for providing secretarial support as required to support the communication or presentation needs of the principal when not delegated elsewhere and edits documents for grammar and punctuation. Requires the continuous use of technical and business vocabulary and a detailed knowledge of organization operations, organizational procedures, and personnel.
1. Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions:
- Interacting and responding, both written and verbally, with internal and external entities on behalf of assigned management.
2. Provides secretarial services to the Executive and assigned staff
- Performs typing, word processing transcribing and proofreading activities concerning correspondence, memoranda, schedules, reports, presentation materials and statistical information; maintains a communication flow by receiving and distributing correspondence via mail services or on-line communication networks; schedules reservations, meeting arrangements, conference rooms and audio/visual equipment as needed; receive visitors and telephone calls in a courteous and efficient manner, directs inquires to the appropriate staff based on an overall knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains hardcopy and on-line correspondence and administrative files.
3. Compiles various information and perform minor calculations as required for departmental reports
4. Maintains other administrative records
5. Provides telephone coverage and screens telephone calls, letters, and/or visitors, answering routine questions
6. Reviews and prioritizes information and inquires received for the consideration of the Executive, makes high-level contacts from both inside and outside the Corporation, and addresses and answers inquiries and solicitations, paying constant attention to formal clearance, procedural controls, and organizational sensitivity. Attends selected meetings in a non-participatory manner to take appropriate notes and conserve principal’s time while assuring familiarity with meeting developments.
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience (For Experience requirements please see appropriate role/level guide. If not applicable, list experience requirements below.)
- High school diploma or GED
- More than 5 years secretarial or administrative experience
- The incumbent must possess excellent typing, word processing and proofreading skills as well as a working knowledge of PC word processing, spreadsheet and graphic applications.
- The incumbent must also possess the utmost integrity in the discreet handling of confidential information.
- Knowledge of corporate programs, policies, procedures and protocols.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (This section describes additional preferred characteristics)
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY (People Management Responsibility)
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice