Job Description :
Responsible for the physical delivery and ongoing Tier 2 telephony support to locations within the Allegheny Health Network. Performs tasks including, but not limited to, systems software upgrades, workstation setups and server configurations. Maintains software and hardware inventories. Provides operational support and analysis for the organizations information systems and peripheral equipment, such as servers, desktops, printers and storage devices. Performs recovery procedures, scheduling and backups, and monitors batch processes.
1. Perform operational support of IT Infrastructure technology including, but not limited to, network, security, messaging, storage, voice, etc.
2. Perform analysis and resolve problems to restore normal IT Infrastructure operational levels.
3. Complete project tasks to enable the on time, within budget and scope delivery of IT Infrastructure projects.
4. Assure compliance to required standards, procedures, guidelines and processes.
5. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Provides Tier 2 type telephony support to end-users
Works directly with other team members and customers
Problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, escalation and notification
Monitors Voice systems to ensure performance and availability
Willing to learn many different technologies within the communication infrastructure
Exemplifies the desired culture of the team/organization
Travels to different hospitals/physician practices to maintain infrastructure
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-3 years of experience in Information Technology
In additional to knowledge supporting telephony solutions, successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications/skills:
- Self-starter with good interpersonal skills to facilitate working with end-users and colleagues
- Good organizational skills – Ability to plan and prioritize
- Analytical Skills
- Troubleshooting skills in a support environment
- Strong sense of commitment and drive towards problem resolution
- Use of initiative and proactive approach to work
- Experience of working in a fast paced, changing environment
- Maturity to be able to execute job functions with minimal guidance
- Common knowledge of IT hardware, applications and best practices
Is Travel Required?
Travel to various locations in the Allegheny Health Network is an important part of this job
This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Note: Job duties and responsibilities support separation of duties across multiple users
Employee referral level: 1
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice