Job Description :
This job provides strategic human resource consulting to leaders on a broad range of human resources issues. The incumbent will consult on such things as organization design, compensation, talent, diversity, reductions in force, Think Up projects, and other HR initiatives. The incumbent will act as the point person for these initiatives and shepherd leaders and their teams through each process seamlessly, and will work across journeys to seamlessly complete work and deliver a superior customer experience.
- Coach leaders to accelerate leadership effectiveness and maximize results. Drives change management practices to enable organizational effectiveness, incorporating diversity and inclusion strategy to maximize our competitive advantage and skills of the workforce.
- Guide leaders through each step in the process of restructuring a team, from consultation to tactical task completion. Reviews the current and proposed org, including spans of control, levels, and reporting hierarchies. Consults on operating model shifts and makes recommendations to ensure a sound org design/structure. Coach and support manager through Employee and Labor Relations issues as they arise from org design changes.
- Guide leaders and teams through all aspects of the Think Up process. Ensures that all Readiness and Adoption tools are being utilized effectively. Partners with Enterprise Effectiveness portfolio managers on current initiatives.
- Engage and/or partner with other HR journeys and functions to deliver a seamless customer experience. Engages with recruiting team for job postings/initiating the posting process. Partners with Centralized Position Management to ensure appropriate system processing for changes (i.e job titles, salaries, reporting structures)).resulting from reorgs. Works with other journey partners to manage ER/LR issues that emerge.
- Engage with leaders on all compensation-related topics, from identification through solution, including market pricing of roles. Execute any operating model changes, including identifying job profiles/descriptions that need to be developed/updated and engaging with a compensation specialist to finalize new profiles and grades. Manage the compensation exception process and approves/denies exceptions.
- Consult with non-HR functions on proposed org plans. This includes finance, to ensure that tracking and managing of costs and savings are captured timely and accurately for budget impacts. This also includes internal/external Counsel regarding structure, compliance, or other potential legal concerns.
- Assist in identifying and executing on people impacts. Identify potential risks associated with org changes that could violate Collective Bargaining Agreements. Work with the LR team to mitigate/manage these risks.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Design, Labor/Employment, Business, Management, or related field
- 7 years in Human Resources
- 5 years as Human Resources Business Partner OR Compensation Design and Administration
- 3 years of Talent Management OR HR Communications OR Cross-Functional Project Teams
- 3 years Enterprise Effectiveness/Agile Methodology
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-CP
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional)
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Superior ability to compile, synthesize, reconcile, and analyze data from various sources, draw conclusions, and make sound recommendations
- Working in a matrixed organization
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Agile Project Management
- Change Management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with and influence senior executives
- Excellent verbal and professional writing skills
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice