Hm Life Insurance Company
Job Description :
This job is responsible for the overall administration and oversight of Underwriting support activities for the assigned underwriter(s). The incumbent may perform one or more of the following types of tasks in support of the underwriting process: new and renewal processing of accounts, reviewing of submissions for completeness, conducting follow-up with Sales office for additional documents, building and maintaining of electronic files, coordinating data transfer between sales and underwriting and between varied underwriting systems utilized in rating process, and other administrative responsibilities as defined by Underwriting Department management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Effectively manage workflow: ensuring efficient assignment and completion of work product deliverables, including review of all submissions for completeness, initial set-up of underwriting efile to include saving and renaming of all files to meet audit uniformity standards, running of Dun & Bradstreet reporting, and extracting all large claims reporting and submitting to the clinical team for review. At an advanced level, this will also include running the specific experience calculation, building the aggregate portion of the underwriting rating and completion of all data input portions of the Stop Loss Rater.
- Conduct accurate and timely processing and set-up of new and renewal clients.
- Effectively perform account service activities: attend team meetings, investigate and resolve complex issues, provide timely and accurate responses to underwriting and sales inquiries on new and renewal clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 0 – 1 year in the Insurance Industry or in the Health Insurance Industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management
- 1 – 3 years in Customer Service, Sales Support, Sales Account Management, Accounting or Claims Administration
- 0 – 1 year in Underwriting
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with demonstrated experience utilizing pivot tables
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- MS PowerPoint
- Written Communications
- Mathematics Proficiency
- Customer Support
- Actuarial and Underwriting Systems
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
Referral Bonus: Level 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice