The General Clerk performs clerical support for functional groups in accordance with standard procedures, such as copying, preparing and distributing mail, inventory, data entry, filing, faxing and retrieving documents, indexing and scanning/imaging documents. May also include, performing calculations, compiling and maintaining records, posting and verifying information, and resolving questions and problems. Online processing system(s) may be used to perform one or more these clerical functions. The Clerk also resolves discrepancies and may communicate with a variety of internal and external customers. Incumbent is expected to meet quality and production standard established by management.
1. Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions:
- Interacting with internal/external customers.
2. Prepare, sort and distribute mail, inventory, and reports.
3. Enter data/statistics into database or reports.
4. Monitor, track and review inventory.
5. Additional clerical duties may include, but are not limited to: photocopying and responding to incoming phone calls including transferring caller to the appropriate department.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 years of related, progressive experience. Grandfathered experience requirements effective August 2016.
Note: If servicing DoD programs, the following may be required:
- United States citizenship (as required by the Department of Defense)
- Successful attainment of a Department of Defense DIACAP security clearance.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds