SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for the following:
• A senior level professional sales representative, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining existing business, generating new business revenue, and growing a profitable book of business in the Group Insurance market.
• This position will work with management to develop strategies for complex and unusual sales opportunities, as well as on new techniques, products, services or policies to improve the overall profitability of the company, and provide guidance to lower levels.
• The incumbent will work through distribution channels of existing and new producers, joint venture partners including Blue Plans, and work with other partners in the promotion of a core product line: Employer Stop Loss and other lines as determined by management. This sales position will work primarily through producers, such as brokers and TPAs, particularly those that represent mid and large group employers. The sales territory will vary, and will be defined by the Senior Vice President of Sales.
• The incumbent is expected to travel extensively to a specified region and work evenings and weekends. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Education/ Work Experience
• Bachelors in BA or High School diploma or GED with Six years experience in sales, marketing selling group products, such as Life/AD&D, STD, LTD, DBL, Stop Loss and Vision Insurance products, as well as understanding the concepts of risk, underwriting, actuarial, pricing, loss ratio, and regulations
Licenses or Certifications:
• Accident and Health Sales License.
• CLU or other industry recognized certifications such as HIAA, CEBS, CBP, etc. and/or extensive experience in group product sales.
• Possess a thorough knowledge of the insurance business with experience in Life, Health, and Accident and carry the required licenses to be able to sell these products.
• Above average leadership and motivational skills. Must exhibit leadership qualities to field personnel by maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity in business and personal activities.
• Experience in managing a support staff.
• Develop, work with, and enhance relationships with HLC existing producer base, and work to develop a new group of producers, as well.
• Good people skills, fact finding skills, as well as sales skills. Must be able to close deals that will generate revenue for the corporation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1) Communicate effectively (please expand specific to functionality
• This position requires the incumbent to work in collaboration and communicate with HM Insurance Group (HMIG) Regional Sales Directors and the Senior Vice President of Sales to identify target producers, and then independently develop, manage, and make decisions about the producers and cases that should be worked on, based on potential to generate new business revenue and profitable business for the corporation.
2) The incumbent is responsible for developing and working with new and existing partners and producers within assigned territory and build relationships with them and their customers, identifying prospects, and promoting HMIG products and strategies, generating new sales activity that will lead to new business revenue, and retaining profitable clients upon renewal.
• The incumbent will create and achieve a regional sales plan that will effectively meet the needs of the corporation in that region.
s, and promoting HMIG products and strategies, generating new sales activity that will lead to new business revenue, and retaining profitable clients upon renewal.
• This person will manage relationships with producers who will generate group prospects, and will manage the entire sales process that will lead to sold cases and generate new business revenue. For renewing groups, the incumbent will be responsible for retention and profitability.
• The incumbent will be required to build files, collect data, coordinate and manage information, build and enhance producer relationships, while promoting solutions to meet customer needs.
4) The incumbent will provide to Senior Management weekly, monthly, quarterly updates and reports on progress and activity being generated toward generating sales that will meet stated goals and objectives.
5) The position will require travel as deemed necessary to meet with prospects/clients to promote our services. The incumbent must be able to manage tasks by using technology to maximize efforts.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements