Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job will provide senior leadership, oversight of the overall business operations, lead and develop the strategic plan in collaboration with the Chief Patient Experience Officer and leadership teams for each entity within Allegheny Health Network (AHN). This role will be responsible for creating a shared vision and implementing consistent best practices that are aligned with our mission, vision, strategic plan, and priorities across the enterprise that will positively impact the patient experience and patient satisfaction outcomes.
- Responsible for the implementation and sustainability of patient satisfaction initiatives to improve the patient experience across the enterprise in alignment with the strategic and operational objectives.
- Evaluate all current patient experience and performance improvement related priorities and projects. Identify and pursue immediate opportunities to improve communication and share information to enhance and advance patient satisfaction across AHN’s facilities, divisions, and functions.
- Prepare (or oversees the preparation of), presents and interprets complex information to key stakeholders, including clinical leadership, board committees, management, and external audiences regarding outcome measurements and other topics related to actionable data metrics and process improvements related to patient experience and satisfaction within Allegheny Health Network (AHN).
- Promote a learning culture. Oversee the development of educational training programs related to patient experience and service excellence for all staff to increase the level of engagement and accountability. Assure alignment of people, process, systems, and long-term sustainability.
- Collaborate with Quality and Patient Safety to assure improvement tools and techniques are common across initiatives, simplifying improvement for caregivers.
- Serve as an advisory resource and catalyst for providing patient experience and service excellence to ensure consistent delivery of patient family centered care.
- Responsible for engaging, influencing, and energizing all levels and departments of AHN to hold staff accountable for embodying AHN Core Behaviors to create a superior patient and family experience.
- Responsible for overseeing AHN’s service recovery program for the enterprise.
- Appropriately respond to complaints from sources including patients, families, correspondence to executive staff, and social media platforms.
- Negotiates with vendors regarding the patient satisfaction measurement process & is the primary contract owner for patient satisfaction survey tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Public Health, Business Administration or related clinical healthcare discipline is required.
- Master’s degree in related area preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years demonstrated, progressively responsible, strategic, leadership experience required.
- 10 years of experience presenting and communicating with large audiences including executives, board members and/or employer/customers and physicians to achieve business objectives.
- Multi-hospital/specialty practice management experience in large complex organizations preferred.
- Must have a strong grasp on hospital operations and methods to quickly and effectively integrate patient centered improvement strategies in a rapidly changing environment.
- A thorough understanding of patient satisfaction survey tools metrics, and trends, HCAHPS surveys, the field of consumer research, complaint and grievance management, workforce engagement, and customer/patient best practices standards is required.
- Must be visible and have a participatory leadership style with the ability to solicit input from front-line staff and incorporate their ideas into initiatives that translate concepts into action.
- Knowledge of statutory or regulatory provisions relevant to healthcare and accreditation agencies is required.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and ability to influence innovation to establish and execute planning process.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues at different levels of the business.
- Must have superior written and oral communication skills to interact with staff at all levels as well as patients and their families to positively affect the patient experience and employee engagement.
Travel Required: 25% to 50%
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice