Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Collaborates with all disciplines for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating / documenting psychosocial factors which contribute to patients’ illnesses and/or have an impact on continuity of care; scope of services may include, but is not limited to, discharge planning, counseling, crisis intervention, information and referral, domestic violence, drug and alcohol abuse, suspected abuse, psychiatric services and guardianships per regulatory requirements. Services may be provided both inpatient and outpatient.
- Completes and documents psychosocial assessments, intervention, and coordination of care to identified populations.
- Provides crisis intervention/counseling to identified populations to enhance patient/family coping mechanisms regarding illness.
- Engages the patient/family/significant other and interdisciplinary team in the discharge process to identify appropriate post-acute resources and community service follow-ups.
- Provides education to patients/family/significant other and interdisciplinary team regarding psychosocial factors related to illness.
- Actively participates in those areas of expertise to further enhance the role of social work within the hospital.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- MSW required (current employees may be grandfathered)
- Older Adults Protective Services Act (OAPSA) clearance may be required depending on location.
- LSW or LCSW eligibility preferred depending upon facility requirements.
- 2 years’ experience in a hospital/multidisciplinary health care setting.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice