Pdl Distribution Services Llc
Job Description :
Overview: Responsibilities include accountability for safe and efficient operation of all duties performed related to the position. Safe operation and daily maintenance of equipment assigned including but not limited to: trucks, tractors, trailers, vans or other delivery and/or material handling equipment. Duties may include staging, loading and unloading to achieve established goals. Will be required to perform verification and checker duties for all loads delivered and/or returned as procedures require. Will be required to complete all records and reports as required to maintain and satisfy government and company regulations. Complies with all government regulations for Safety and maintains all certifications for equipment as required.
1. Ensure that all delivery and manifest documents and functions are completed accurately and timely.
2. Distributes documentation to proper departments.
3. Assists in loading/unloading trucks and operates material handling equipment as needed.
4. Checks that orders are complete and that proper labels and tickets are applied when required.
5. Verifies proper documentation is available with deliveries as required.
6. Maintain safe and clean delivery equipment including removal and disposal of waste materials in appropriate manner.
7. Ensure all Pre and Post Delivery Vehicle Inspection Reports are completed as required daily, and any deficiencies are reported to comply with government and company regulations.
8. Ensure any and all potential OOS deficiencies are reported immediately in order to eliminate safety violations and downtime. Thorough Post-Delivery Inspections are the preventative action to achieve this goal and must be completed and reported at the end of each delivery shift.
9. Ensure the completion of daily work assignments and delivery routes, to maximize productivity while ensuring all Safety regulations and standards are achieved.
10. Maintain company procedures and standards for Ecological policies regarding recycling, energy conservation and other green initiatives.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience (For Experience requirements please see appropriate role/level guide. If not applicable, list experience requirements below.)
- Requires a minimum of a high school education or GED
- 2 years of driving experience in a distribution and/or delivery capacity OR certification from an accredited driving school
- Class “A” “B” or “C” license will be required depending on position.
- Obtain a Department of Transportation Medical Examination Certificate within 30 days of hire date and maintain the certificate as required
- Pre-employment and random drug testing will be required to comply with all DOT and government regulations
- Annual review of driving record will be required to comply with all DOT and government regulations
- Knowledge of FMCSA regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (This section describes additional preferred characteristics)
- Ability to visually and audibly perform all essential functions.
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY (People Management Responsibility)
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
- Eye hand coordination and finger dexterity.
- Sufficient mobility and strength to move about the facility.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice